BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg
2205 Plank Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22401-5226
Phone: 540/371-5050 | Fax: 540/373-3496 | 108 Rooms | Online Reservations
Guests at our Fredericksburg hotel are treated to a newly remodeled room in one of the most historical and culturally rich regions of America with the Civil War Battlefields in the neighborhood. We're located off of I-95 at Exit 130-A as well as the University of Mary Washington is located within two miles.
The Fredericksburg Expo Center draws business travelers from around the country, and Old Town Fredericksburg is a haven for boutique shopping and fine dining. Whether you're here for a special event at the University of Mary Washington or simply want to explore a piece of America's history, our Fredericksburg hotel combines an unbeatable value with a great location.
Located between Washington DC and Richmond, VA, this Fredericksburg hotel is conveniently located close to all the top attractions. We're family owned and operated for over 35 years, and we prioritize hospitality. We're a multiple award-winning property that puts comfort first. Close to Kings® Dominion Theme Park and the Civil War Battlefields, there's something for everyone nearby.
The Marine Corp Half Marathon is a popular, family-friendly event, and the Rappahannock River is a top destination for water recreation during hot summer months. With a prime location off Interstate 95, this hotel is the midpoint for travel from Canada to Florida. We're pet-friendly, offer drive-up rooms and it's simple to park near the front of your room. Just 30 minutes from the lake, relaxation and recreation is a breeze.
Our Fredericksburg hotel is also a destination for business travelers with Spotsylvania Towne Centre, Central Park Shopping Center and service men and women from the Quantico Marine Base. From business to leisure, we understand that every trip is important.
Book your room at BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg and enjoy the convenience!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Outdoor pool, seasonal
- Complimentary breakfast
- 24-hour front desk
- Complimentary hot breakfast
- Guest laundry
- Free parking
- Bus parking
- Exterior corridor
- Express check out
- Late check out with approval
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- High-speed Internet access
BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western fredericksburg in Fredericksburg.
BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg
Conveniently located, the best western fredericksburg in Fredericksburg, Virginia is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 38.296765 / Latitude: -77.496595
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The south. Take Interstate 95 North and exit at Exit 130-A. This will ramp you onto Plank Road. Go to the second traffic light and make a left turn into the BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg.
From: The north. Take Interstate 95 South and exit at Exit 130-A. This will ramp you onto William Street/Plank Road. Go to second traffic light and make a left turn into the BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg.
From: The east. Take Route 3 West, continue into the Fredericksburg area until you see the Shoney's Restaurant. Make a right into the restaurant parking lot. The BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg is located behind Shoney's.
From: The west. Take Route 3 East, continue into Fredericksburg. After crossing the Interstate 95 Bridge go to the second traffic light and make a left turn into the BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg.
BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Known as America’s Battlefield, Fredricksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park rests at the site where the height of the Civil War was fought. The Military Park is a significant historical site as it is home to four battlefields as well as four historic buildings. Battlefields at Fredricksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park include Fredricksburg, Spotsylvania, Wilderness and Chancellorsville. Historic landmarks include the Shrine of Stonewall Jackson, Old Salem Church, and Union Headquarters during the Battle of Wilderness, among many others.
Visitors to the park have ample opportunities to learn about the many historic events that took place there through tours and Visitor’s Centers as well as visiting historic buildings on the property. Self-guided tours are always welcome and maps are available to navigate the sights. Walking tours are also available in addition to educational programs for students and educators. Access to Fredricksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park can be obtained by multiple routes as the Park is located between Richmond and Washington D.C. in the city of Fredricksburg.
George Washington Birthplace National Monument
As you make your plans to visit Virginia, be sure to include on your itinerary a visit to the George Washington Birthplace National Monument.
Yielding views of Popes Creek, an offshoot of the Potomac River, the George Washington Birthplace National Monument is a premier attraction in central Virginia. You can make the scenic drive in from nearby Fredericksburg.
Found in Colonial Beach, one of the many charming and fun beach towns in Virginia, the George Washington National Birthplace Monument marks the location where George Washington, one of the founding fathers, was born in 1732. While he only lived there until he was three, he would later return as a teen.
The George Washington Birthplace National Monument offers tours, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1966.
Located along the Potomac River in central Virginia, Westmoreland State Park encompasses more than 1,300 acres – all near the birthplace of George Washington. Fredericksburg visitors, lace up your hiking boots to trek along one or more of the seven hiking trails, or cruise along on your bicycle.
Take time along the way to read the interpretive signs on the trails. Summer-time swimming is a blast in the park's swimming pool. Bring your fishing pole to try your best at catching the striped bass or bluefish, from the Potomac River. If you have a boat, launch it easily from the boat ramp, for a fun day on the water. Stop by the park's visitor center to see the Discovery Center and learn more about this wonderful area of Virginia.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1 mile(s) from Mary Washington House
- 1 mile(s) from Movies of Fredericksburg and Central Park Funland
- 2 mile(s) from Historic Fredericksburg
- 2 mile(s) from Kenmore Plantation and Gardens
- 2 mile(s) from Fredericksburg Battelfield Visitors
- 3 mile(s) from George Washington's Ferry Farm Boyhood Home
- 3 mile(s) from Trolley Tours and Horse-drawn Carriage Tours
- 3 mile(s) from Rappanhannock River
- 3 mile(s) from Riverside Dinner Theater
- 8 mile(s) from White Oak Civil War Museum
- 9 mile(s) from Chancellorsville Battlefield Visitors Center
- 10 mile(s) from Stonewall Jackson Memorial
- 10 mile(s) from Spotsylvania Battlefield and Wilderness
- 24 mile(s) from Wilderness Battlefied
- 25 mile(s) from Fort A.P. Hill Army Base
- 25 mile(s) from Paramount Kings Dominion Amusement Park
- 28 mile(s) from NSWC Dahlgren Naval Base
- 1 mile(s) from Spotsylvania Mall
- 1 mile(s) from Central Park Outdoor Shop
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.25 mile(s) from Putt Putt Miniature Golf
- 2 mile(s) from Augustine Golf Club
- Old Town Fredericksburg Fine Dining
- Adjacent to Shoney's Family Restauran, Buffet, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Kentucky Fried Chicken, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Carlos O'Kelly's Mexican, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from McDonald's, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.10 mile(s) from Wendy's, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Burger King, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Applebee's, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from International House of Pancakes, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Olive Garden, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Outback Steak House, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from La Petite Auberge, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Ristorante Renato, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner,
- 2.75 mile(s) from Olde Town Steak & Seafood, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner,
BEST WESTERN Fredericksburg
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Fredericksburg. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2016 National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden Ice Skating
A great way to get outdoors with the family this season – enjoy ice skaying at the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden all winter along, amid the dazzling sculptures the gallery is known for. The rink opens at 10 a.m. everyday but Sunday, when it opens at 11 a.m.
2016 Space Bop
On select days this winter season, the Athenaem in Alexandria hosts Space Bop, a show featuring dazzling lights and sounds, aimed at entertaining and educating young children as a sort of musical cosmos. Shows typically begin at 10 a.m.
2016 George Washington Birthnight Banquet & Ball
Travel back to the year 1799, and help celebrate George Washington's birthday at Gadsby's Tavern Museum in Alexandria. The night will feature talented re-enactors, period dress, dance, and banquet, and more. The party begins at 5:30 p.m.
2016 Northern Virginia Restaurant Week
Participating restaurants throughout northern Virginia cities like Arlington, Alexandria, Clifton, Falls Church, and Fairfax host a week's worth of three-course fixed-price dinners and other specialty deals. Check your location for participating restaurants.
22nd Annual Virginia Festival of the Books
Various locations throughout the Richmond suburb of Charlottesville host four days of readings, panel discussions, hands-on events, and so much more. Richmond visitors are encouraged to check the festival itinerary during and be a part of the action.
2016 Richmond Craftsmen's Spring Classic Art & Craft Festival`
For two weekends, artisans and exhibitors descend upon the Richmond Raceway Complex ready to showcase their best and brightest creative works. The fun begins at 10 a.m.
2016 Live Well Festival
Manassas hosts this annual spring cleaning event, where participants are invited to bring old clothing and other goods to recycle in Historic Downtown Manassas. Other events will include exhibitors and kids' activities. The fun begins at 9 a.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean