BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
9826 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23235-4812
Phone: 804/323-0007 | Fax: 804/272-0759 | 80 Rooms | Online Reservations
Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn!
Come experience what our beautiful city has to offer. We are sure that you will not be disappointed. From Civil War tours to specialty museums and expos, the history is rich near and around our Richmond hotel; making it easy for guest to enjoy the vacation of a lifetime.
At our Richmond hotel, the best in the region is minutes away, like the Virginia State Capital, Monument Avenue, Canal Walk, Cary Street, Shockoe Bottom and of course Downtown Richmond. Richmond International Raceway is known for hosting Nascar, which is a speed lovers paradise. Do not forget the event held at the Virginia Commonwealth University and University of Richmond that take place all year round and offer a little something for everybody.
The Governor's Inn Hotel mixes the best in hospitality with key locations. From Sportsplex to the Chesterfield Indoor Aquatic Center, it is fun for the whole family just minutes away from this Best Western Plus. The Edgar Allen Poe Museum is a must-stop-and-see, along with the numerous monuments of historical figures to see such as Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis. You can create your own historical journey and still have plenty of time left over for dining and shopping.
When looking for a Richmond hotel that really has it all, you need to consider the highlighted amenities that our hotel has to offer; such as luxury bedding package and complimentary deluxe hot breakfast. Start your day with hot eggs, sausage and waffle maker so that you can make your own waffles just like at home; As well as other breakfast favorites. We want you to make the most of your vacation whether it is going to the Chesterfield County Fair or the Metro Richmond Zoo, you are sure to have a great start to the day. To give you the feel of a home away from home atmosphere, we offer you a fitness room, seasonal outdoor pool, business center and free Wi-Fi. Come experience outstanding customer service with our staff today!!!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Free Parking.
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee, Available from 6:00am - 9:30am Monday - Friday 7:00am - 10:00am Saturday, Sundays & Holidays
- Outdoor pool
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facility Open from 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Elevator Lobby Building Only
- Copy machine
- 24-hour front desk
- Ice/vending machines
- Meeting facilities
- Fax services
- Cable or satellite television
- Business center
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Copy Center
- Interior corridor
- Sunbathing, poolside, seasonal
- Truck/RV parking
- Valid Photo ID required at Check-In, with age being 21 or older
- Two buidings to choose from Colonial Style (non smoking only)Building has stairs only or Modern (smoking and non), Building has elevator
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary USA Today Paper Monday to Friday
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus governor's inn in Richmond.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus governor's inn in Richmond, Virginia is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 37.504805 / Latitude: -77.575645
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north, toll road. Take Interstate 95 South to Exit 79 Beltline Expressway, go to Powhite Parkway. Exit onto Midlothian Turnpike to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn.
From: The south. Take Interstate 95 North to Exit 67B Chippenham Parkway. Exit onto Midlothian Turnpike to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn will.
From: The west, toll road. Take Interstate 64 East to Exit 186 Beltline Expressway, go to Powhite Parkway. Exit onto Midlothian Turnpike to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn.
From: The east (airport), toll Take Interstate 895 West to 150 North. Go to US 60 /Midlothian Turnpike to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn.
From: The west & east, no toll Going west take Interstate 64 East or going east take Interstate 64 West follow signs to Interstate 95 South. Take Exit 67 Chippenham Parkway. Exit onto Midlothian Turnpike to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn.
From: The north, no toll road. Take Interstate 95 South to Exit 67 Chippenham Parkway. Exit onto Midlothian Turnpike to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The Capitol of Virginia was built between 1785 - 1788 on Shockoe Hill in Richmond. The Capitol building overlooks the James River in an area known as Capitol Square. The monuments included in the Square are the George Washington Equestrian Monument, the Virginia Civil Rights Memorial and the General Thomas J. Jackson Statue. The Capitol building serves as the seat of the Virginia state government.
Whether on a guided tour or a self-guided tour of the Capitol building, enjoy seeing the revitalized 1900s era architecture. Browse the Visitor's Center to learn more about the history of Richmond and the Capitol building. The cafe and gift shop are also great places for taking a break. Choose one of the local Best Western hotels to enjoy comfortable accommodations and wonderful guest services.
While in the busy city city of Richmond, take time to smell the roses. Visit the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, located north of downtown Richmond, to stroll through over forty acres of blooming gardens. The garden was established on land purchased by Lewis Ginter in 1884 and has become one of the top attractions in the Richmond area.
Visit the garden to see the Sunken Garden, a Children's Garden, Rose Garden, a Victorian Garden and the Healing Garden. The Conservatory features a variety of tropical plants and exotic plants from around the world. The garden also hosts a variety of special events throughout the year, in the E. Claiborne Robins Visitor Center, the Bloemendaal House and the Joan Massey Conference Center. After an enjoyable day in the garden, rest comfortably as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Richmond area residents and visitors ready for a fun day have a wonderful variety of attractions, museums, theaters and parks to choose from. Maymont Park is a wonderful 100-acre American estate, located west of downtown Richmond, above the James River. The grounds of the estate include a historic Gilded Age mansion, that was built by Major James H. Dooley and his wife Sallie, in 1893. It took three years for the house to be completed.
Tour the incredible mansion museum and grounds to see the beautiful gardens, the Robins Nature & Visitor Center, the Children's Farm, Wildlife Exhibits and Arboretum. The koi pond, waterfall, rose garden and bamboo forests are not-to-be-missed in the Japanese Garden. Along with Italian Garden, the gazebos are popular locations for private parties and weddings. Stay close to this must-see Richmond attraction in a comfortable Best Western guest room and make the most of your time in the Capital City.
The Capital City of Richmond offers plenty to do and see. History buffs ready to learn about the events of the American Civil War, have plenty of sites to visit at the Richmond National Battlefield Park. This National Park Service administered area encompasses eighty miles throughout thirteen sites. Schedule plenty of time to tour the four visitor centers and battlefields, to learn about the rich history of the area.
Start your historical journey at the main Richmond visitor center, Tredegar Iron Works, to view the displays and exhibits. The Chimborazo Visitor Center, located on the east side of the city, features the Confederate medical story of the war. Partake in one of the many tours and demonstrations or tour the Chimborazo Medical Museum, Chickahominy Bluff, Beaver Dam Creek or Gaines' Mill to learn about the events that transpired. Stay close to the park in comfortable accommodations as a guest of Best Western hotels and enjoy your time in Richmond.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 10.55 mile(s) from Virginia State Capital, 1000 Bank St Richmond, VA 23219
- 8.48 mile(s) from Byrd Theatre, 2908 W Cary St Richmond Va
- 9.58 mile(s) from Hollywood Cemetary, 412 S Cherry St Richmond Va 23220
- 11.28 mile(s) from Richmond Coliseum, 601 E Leigh St Richmond Va 23219
- 11.15 mile(s) from Edgar Allen Poe Museum, 1914 E Main St Richmond Va 23223
- 11.1 mile(s) from Virginia Holocaust Museum, 2000 E Cary St Richmond Va 23223
- 12.07 mile(s) from St Johns Episcopal Church, 2401 E Broad St Richmond Va
- 20.26 mile(s) from Virginia Aviation Museum, 5701 Huntsman Rd Richmond Va 23250
- 11.4 mile(s) from The Diamond, 3001 N Boulevard Richmond Va 23230
- 10.37 mile(s) from Siegel Center, 1200 W Broad St Richmond Va 23284
- 29.89 mile(s) from Kings Dominion, 16000 Theme Park Way Doswell Va 23047 Kings Dominion is a 400-acre amusement park and waterpark with one of the largest coaster collections on the East Coast,
- 7.47 mile(s) from Virginia House Museum, 215 S Wilton Rd Richmond Va 23226
- 10.96 mile(s) from Valentine History Ctr, 1015 E Clay St Richmond Va
- 9.17 mile(s) from Richmond Nat.Battlefield, and Chimborazo Medical Museum
- 11 mile(s) from Canal Walk of Richmond
- 12.91 mile(s) from R.I.R., -Richmond International Raceway
- 9.81 mile(s) from Landmark Theatre, 6 North Laurel St Richmond Va
- 66.11 mile(s) from Busch Gardens, Take a journey to the unexpected at Busch Gardens, where 17th-century charm combines with 21st-century technology to create the ultimate family experience. ... 1 Busch Gardens Blvd Williamsburg Va 23185
- 8.58 mile(s) from Virginia House, 4301 Sulgrave Rd Richmond Va 23221
- 10.40 mile(s) from Richmond Convention Ctr, 403 N Third St Richmond Va 804-783-7300
- 10.51 mile(s) from Richmond Center Stage, 600 E Grace St #400 Richmond Va
- 8.37 mile(s) from Maymont Park, 2201 Shields Lane Richmond Va
- 11 mile(s) from House of the Confederacy, 1201 E Clay St Richmond Va
- 10.35 mile(s) from American Civil War Ctr, 500 Tredegar St Richmond Va
- 13.98 mile(s) from Chesterfield Musuem Cmplx, 10201 Iron Bridge Rd Chesterfield Va
- 0 block(s) from Stein Mart Shopping Center
- 0 block(s) from Governors Square
- 1.53 mile(s) from Chesterfield Marketplace
- 0.62 mile(s) from Pocono Crossing Shopping
- 1.83 mile(s) from Chesterfield Town Center
- 2.95 mile(s) from Stony Pointe Fashion Park
- 3 mile(s) from WAL*MART
- 3.55 mile(s) from Shops At Strafford Hills
- 6.66 mile(s) from Regency Square
- 10.67 mile(s) from Short Pump Town Center
- 13.34 mile(s) from Virginia Center Commons
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 2 mile(s) from Midlothian
- 10.65 mile(s) from Richmond-Downtown Capitol
- 13.77 mile(s) from Chesterfield
- 15.35 mile(s) from Chester
- 18.45 mile(s) from Mechanicsville-Hanover
- 20.25 mile(s) from Powhattan
- 20.26 mile(s) from Glen Allen
- 24.9 mile(s) from Ashland
- 25.89 mile(s) from Hopewell
- 26.08 mile(s) from Goochland
- 27.18 mile(s) from Petersburg
- 31.17 mile(s) from Doswell
- 31.97 mile(s) from Amelia Courthouse
- 39.04 mile(s) from Cumberland
- 63.42 mile(s) from Williamsburg
- 70.02 mile(s) from Emporia
- 91.53 mile(s) from Newport News
- 104.7 mile(s) from Norfolk
- 107.9 mile(s) from Lynchburg
- 113.4 mile(s) from Washington D.C.
- 0.1 mile(s) from Moorefield Office Park
- 1 mile(s) from Arboretum
- 1 mile(s) from Jonston Willis Hospital
- 2 mile(s) from Mead-Westvaco
- 2 mile(s) from VA State Police, Headquarters - Training Facility
- 2 mile(s) from Boulders Office Park
- 3 mile(s) from Chippenham Hospital
- 5.85 mile(s) from McGuire VA Medical Center
- 6.61 mile(s) from Bon Secours St Mary's, Hospital
- 6.69 mile(s) from Retreat Doctor's Hospital
- 7.11 mile(s) from Henrico Doctor's Hospital
- 8.33 mile(s) from VCU Medical Center
- 8.38 mile(s) from Childrens Hospital
- 10 mile(s) from DuPont
- 10 mile(s) from Philip Morris Corporation
- 12 mile(s) from Alcoa Aluminum
- 12.42 mile(s) from Nabisco
- 12.95 mile(s) from CSX Railroad
- 13.1 mile(s) from Coca Cola Enterprises Inc
- 10.01 mile(s) from American Red Cross
- 14.10 mile(s) from U.H.S. CBO Alantic Region
- 14.12 mile(s) from Wella Corporation
- 9.87 mile(s) from VDOT Headquarters
- 13.39 mile(s) from DMV
- 1.85 mile(s) from US Army Recru Station
- 0.61 mile(s) from ECPI Technical College
- 1.68 mile(s) from VA School of Dental Asst
- 1.8 mile(s) from ITT Technical Institute
- 2 mile(s) from Centura College, Nursing School
- 5.18 mile(s) from Strayer University
- 7 mile(s) from University of Richmond
- 10 mile(s) from VCU-, Virginia Commonwealth University
- 12 mile(s) from John Tyler, Community College
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 8.00 mile(s) from Windy Hills Sports Complex
- 0.10 block(s) from American Family Fitness
- 1.00 mile(s) from Victory Lady Fitness Center
- 1.00 mile(s) from Golds Gym
- 1.42 mile(s) from Laser Quest
- 1.91 mile(s) from Bowl America
- 1.94 mile(s) from Putt Putt Golf & Games
- 5.50 mile(s) from King Pin Lanes
- 8.00 mile(s) from Rockwood Sports Complex
- 10.75 mile(s) from G-Force Karts
- Adjacent to Olive Garden®, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Padow's Hams and Deli, Deli, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.57 mile(s) from Pizza Taxi, Fast Food, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.3 mile(s) from Taste of India, Full Service, Indian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.2 mile(s) from Bill's BBQ, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.3 mile(s) from Applebee's®, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.2 mile(s) from Golden Corral, Buffet, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.53 mile(s) from Famous Daves BBQ, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.56 mile(s) from Apollo's, Fast Food, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.64 mile(s) from Tripp's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch,
- 2.1 mile(s) from Carrabba's Italian, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from T.G.I. Friday's®, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.3 mile(s) from El Paso, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.5 mile(s) from Casa Grande, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.8 mile(s) from Breakers Sports Grill, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.7 mile(s) from Ruby Tuesday, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.5 mile(s) from Outback® Steakhouse, Bar/Lounge, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Shops at Bellgrade, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Featuring Bottega Bistro-Italian Full Service, Ruth Chris Steak House, River City Diner, a 50's 60's style restaurant serving all meals not just lunch and dinner.
- 3.7 mile(s) from Kabuto Japanese House, Bar/Lounge, Japanese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.4 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.2 mile(s) from Pepe's Mexican Restaurant, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.0 mile(s) from The Cookout, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.6 mile(s) from Extra Billy's Smokehouse, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.9 mile(s) from Pescado's, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.8 mile(s) from Hong Kong King, Buffet, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Richmond. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Fairfax County Choral Festival
High school and university choirs join acclaimed composer Morten Lauridsen making music at the Hylton Performing Arts Center in Manassas. Doors are open from 10 AM to 3 PM.
Team America Rocketry Challenge
Passionate in model rockets? Or wanting to see something cool? Do it yourself-ers and rocket scientists everywhere are sure to enjoy this contest celebrating the best in building and engineering. The national finals take off at The Great Meadow in The Plains, VA, showcasing the best of the high school contestants.
Manassas Air Show
Free admission is but one of the many perks visitors can enjoy at the Manassas Air Show. From 10 AM to 4 PM, flying acts and vintage aircraft take to the skies to dazzle the entire family at the Manassas Regional Airport.
Springs All Breed Show
The Mattaponi Kennel Club hosts the Spring All Breed Show, including conformation, obedience, and rally shows. Dog lovers and dog breeders are open to attend the two day event.
Manassas hosts Northern Virginia's largest hamfest. With 10 dollar admission and gates open as early as 7AM, amateur radio enthusiasts are sure to have a good time.
20th Annual ISSA World Championships
Up to a hundred teams are expected to compete for glory at the twentieth International Senior Softball Association world championships in Manassas. Admission is free at Prince William County fields.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean