BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
9826 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23235-4812
Phone: 804/323-0007 | Fax: 804/272-0759 | 80 Rooms | Online Reservations
Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn!
Come experience what our beautiful city has to offer. We are sure that you will not be disappointed. From Civil War Tours to specialty Museums and Expos, the history is rich near and around our Richmond hotel; making it easy for guest to enjoy the vacation of a lifetime.
At our Richmond hotel, the best in the region is minutes away, like the Virginia State Capital,Monument Avenue,Canal Walk, Cary Street, Shockoe Bottom and of course Downtown Richmond. Richmond International Raceway is known for hosting Nascar, which is a speed lovers paradise. Do not forget the events held at the Virginia Commonwealth University and University of Richmond that take place all year round and offer a little something for everybody.
The Governor's Inn Hotel mixes the best in hospitality with key locations. From Sportsplex to the Chesterfield Indoor Aquatic Center, it is fun for the whole family just minutes away from this Best Western Plus. The Edgar Allen Poe Museum is a must-stop-and-see, along with the numerous monuments of historical figures to see such as Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis.You can create your own historical journey and still have plenty of time left over for Dining and Shopping.
When looking for a Richmond hotel that really has it all, you need to consider the highlighted amenities that our hotel has to offer; such as a Luxury Bedding Package and Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast. Start your day with hot eggs, sausage and a waffle maker so that you can make your own waffles just like at home;as well as other breakfast favorites. We want you to make the most of your vacation whether it is going to the Chesterfield County Fair or the Metro Richmond Zoo, you are sure to have a great start to the day. To give you the feel of a home away from home atmosphere, we offer you a Fitness Room, Seasonal Outdoor Pool, Business Center and Free Wi-Fi. Come experience outstanding Customer Service with our staff today! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Free Parking.
- Non smoking facilities
- 100 percent smoke free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee, Available from 6:00am - 9:30am Monday - Friday 7:00am - 10:00am Saturday, Sundays & Holidays
- Outdoor pool
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facility Open from 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Elevator Lobby Building Only
- Copy machine
- 24-hour front desk
- Ice/vending machines
- Meeting facilities
- Fax services
- Cable or satellite television
- Business center
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free high speed wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Copy Center
- Inter corridor
- Express check out
- Sunbathing, poolside, seasonal
- Truck/RV parking
- Valid Photo ID required at Check-In, with age being 21 or older
- Two buildings to choose from Colonial Style Building has stairs only or Modern Building has elevator
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary USA Today Paper Monday to Friday
- High-speed wireless Internet access
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus governor's inn in Richmond.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus governor's inn in Richmond, Virginia is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 37.505595 / Latitude: -77.57583
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north, toll road. Take Interstate 95 South to Exit 79 Beltline Expressway, go to Powhite Parkway. Exit onto Midlothian Turnpike to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn.
From: The south. Take Interstate 95 North to Exit 67B Chippenham Parkway. Exit onto Midlothian Turnpike to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn will.
From: The west, toll road. Take Interstate 64 East to Exit 186 Beltline Expressway, go to Powhite Parkway. Exit onto Midlothian Turnpike to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn.
From: The east (airport), toll Take Interstate 895 West to 150 North. Go to US 60 /Midlothian Turnpike to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn.
From: The west & east, no toll Going west take Interstate 64 East or going east take Interstate 64 West follow signs to Interstate 95 South. Take Exit 67 Chippenham Parkway. Exit onto Midlothian Turnpike to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn.
From: The north, no toll road. Take Interstate 95 South to Exit 67 Chippenham Parkway. Exit onto Midlothian Turnpike to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
While in the busy city city of Richmond, take time to smell the roses. Visit the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, located north of downtown Richmond, to stroll through over forty acres of blooming gardens. The garden was established on land purchased by Lewis Ginter in 1884 and has become one of the top attractions in the Richmond area.
Visit the garden to see the Sunken Garden, a Children's Garden, Rose Garden, a Victorian Garden and the Healing Garden. The Conservatory features a variety of tropical plants and exotic plants from around the world. The garden also hosts a variety of special events throughout the year, in the E. Claiborne Robins Visitor Center, the Bloemendaal House and the Joan Massey Conference Center.
Not far from downtown Richmond, the Maggie L. Walker National Historic Site can be found. As you embark on your next journey through central Virginia and Richmond, be sure to spend an afternoon exploring the Maggie L. Walker Site and its many different aspects. You can make the short drive in from Sandston, or make the most of your stay in Richmond.
Maggie L. Walker was the first woman to ever serve as president of a bank in the United States. The historic site named in her honor celebrates her life and work. You can see the Maggie L. Walker house, which is preserved as a monument. Tours of the Maggie L. Walker house usually run an hour long.
Residents and visitors of the Richmond area can head to Maymont Park – a wonderful 100-acre American estate, located west of downtown Richmond above the James River. The grounds of the estate include a historic, Gilded Age mansion, that was built by Major James H. Dooley and his wife Sallie, in 1893.
Tour the incredible mansion museum and grounds to see the beautiful gardens, the Robins Nature & Visitor Center, the Children's Farm, wildlife exhibits, and arboretum. The koi pond, waterfall, rose garden and bamboo forests are not-to-be-missed in the Japanese Garden. Along with Italian Garden, the gazebos are popular locations for private parties and weddings.
Capital area residents and visitors have enjoyed convenient air travel services since 1927 in Richmond. That was the year the Richmond International Airport was established as the Richard Evelyn Byrd Flying Field. The airfield dedication was attended by Charles Lindbergh.
Since 1975, this Richmond area airport has been operated by the Capital Region Airport Commission and has become the busiest airport in central Virginia. Many improvements have been made throughout the years, including additional terminal gates and parking, the addition of an air traffic control tower and terminal renovations.
The 100,000 square foot warehouse is utilized by the shipment of 85 million pounds of cargo, annually. Passengers looking for a commercial flight to Toronto, Atlanta, Orlando, Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Cincinnati, New York-La Guardia, Minneapolis, Boston, Houston, Philadelphia, Charlotte and Freeport, Bahamas, can do so via eight major airlines.
Richmond National Battlefield Park
The Capital City of Richmond offers plenty to do and see. History buffs ready to learn about the events of the American Civil War, have plenty of sites to visit at the Richmond National Battlefield Park. This National Park Service administered area encompasses eighty miles throughout thirteen sites.
Schedule plenty of time to tour the four visitor centers and battlefields, to learn about the rich history of the area. Start your historical journey at the main Richmond visitor center, Tredegar Iron Works, to view the displays and exhibits. The Chimborazo Visitor Center, located on the east side of the city, features the Confederate medical story of the war.
Partake in one of the many tours and demonstrations or tour the Chimborazo Medical Museum, Chickahominy Bluff, Beaver Dam Creek or Gaines' Mill to learn about the events that transpired.
University of Richmond
Established in 1830 by Virginia Baptists, the University of Richmond is a private school in Richmond. You'll find the University of Richmond near Westhampton Lake, just off of River Road and College Road.
Early on, the University of Richmond was intended as a manual labor institute for men who wanted to become ministers.
Today, the University of Richmond features several different schools and programs, including the University of Richmond School of Law, and the E. Claiborne Robins School of Business.
Visit the U of R campus on your next visit to Richmond and check out a Richmond Spiders basketball game the Robins Center, their home court.
A public research university, Virginia Commonwealth University is set in Richmond in central Virginia. Established in 1838, VCU features a 144-acre urban campus – as well as a secondary MCV Campus, and even VCUQatar.
VCU offers 28 bachelor degree programs and several master's and doctoral degrees to its student body of over 30,000. The VCU’s campus includes features like the Ginter House and VCU da Vinci Center, plus the VCU Rams of the NCAA Division I.
Virginia State Capitol
The Capitol of Virginia was built between 1785 to 1788 on Shockoe Hill in Richmond. The capitol building overlooks the James River in an area known as Capitol Square.
The monuments included in the Square are the George Washington Equestrian Monument, the Virginia Civil Rights Memorial and the General Thomas J. Jackson Statue. The Capitol building serves as the seat of the Virginia state government.
Whether on a guided tour or a self-guided tour of the Capitol building, enjoy seeing the revitalized 1900s era architecture. Browse the Visitor's Center to learn more about the history of Richmond and the Capitol building. The cafe and gift shop are also great places for taking a break.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 10.55 mile(s) from Virginia State Capital, 1000 Bank St Richmond, VA 23219
- 8.48 mile(s) from Byrd Theatre, 2908 W Cary St Richmond Va
- 9.58 mile(s) from Hollywood Cemetary, 412 S Cherry St Richmond Va 23220
- 11.28 mile(s) from Richmond Coliseum, 601 E Leigh St Richmond Va 23219
- 11.15 mile(s) from Edgar Allen Poe Museum, 1914 E Main St Richmond Va 23223
- 11.1 mile(s) from Virginia Holocaust Museum, 2000 E Cary St Richmond Va 23223
- 12.07 mile(s) from St Johns Episcopal Church, 2401 E Broad St Richmond Va
- 20.26 mile(s) from Virginia Aviation Museum, 5701 Huntsman Rd Richmond Va 23250
- 11.4 mile(s) from The Diamond, 3001 N Boulevard Richmond Va 23230
- 10.37 mile(s) from Siegel Center, 1200 W Broad St Richmond Va 23284
- 29.89 mile(s) from Kings Dominion, 16000 Theme Park Way Doswell Va 23047 Kings Dominion is a 400-acre amusement park and waterpark with one of the largest coaster collections on the East Coast,
- 7.47 mile(s) from Virginia House Museum, 215 S Wilton Rd Richmond Va 23226
- 10.96 mile(s) from Valentine History Ctr, 1015 E Clay St Richmond Va
- 9.17 mile(s) from Richmond Nat.Battlefield, and Chimborazo Medical Museum
- 11 mile(s) from Canal Walk of Richmond
- 12.91 mile(s) from R.I.R., -Richmond International Raceway
- 9.81 mile(s) from Landmark Theatre, 6 North Laurel St Richmond Va
- 66.11 mile(s) from Busch Gardens, Take a journey to the unexpected at Busch Gardens, where 17th-century charm combines with 21st-century technology to create the ultimate family experience. ... 1 Busch Gardens Blvd Williamsburg Va 23185
- 8.58 mile(s) from Virginia House, 4301 Sulgrave Rd Richmond Va 23221
- 10.40 mile(s) from Richmond Convention Ctr, 403 N Third St Richmond Va 804-783-7300
- 10.51 mile(s) from Richmond Center Stage, 600 E Grace St #400 Richmond Va
- 8.37 mile(s) from Maymont Park, 2201 Shields Lane Richmond Va
- 11 mile(s) from House of the Confederacy, 1201 E Clay St Richmond Va
- 10.35 mile(s) from American Civil War Ctr, 500 Tredegar St Richmond Va
- 13.98 mile(s) from Chesterfield Musuem Cmplx, 10201 Iron Bridge Rd Chesterfield Va
- 0 block(s) from Stein Mart Shopping Center
- 0 block(s) from Governors Square
- 1.53 mile(s) from Chesterfield Marketplace
- 0.62 mile(s) from Pocono Crossing Shopping
- 1.83 mile(s) from Chesterfield Town Center
- 2.95 mile(s) from Stony Pointe Fashion Park
- 3 mile(s) from WAL*MART
- 3.55 mile(s) from Shops At Strafford Hills
- 6.66 mile(s) from Regency Square
- 10.67 mile(s) from Short Pump Town Center
- 13.34 mile(s) from Virginia Center Commons
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 8.00 mile(s) from Windy Hills Sports Complex
- 0.10 block(s) from American Family Fitness
- 1.00 mile(s) from Victory Lady Fitness Center
- 1.00 mile(s) from Golds Gym
- 1.42 mile(s) from Laser Quest
- 1.91 mile(s) from Bowl America
- 1.94 mile(s) from Putt Putt Golf & Games
- 5.50 mile(s) from King Pin Lanes
- 8.00 mile(s) from Rockwood Sports Complex
- 10.75 mile(s) from G-Force Karts
- Adjacent to Olive Garden®, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Padow's Hams and Deli, Deli, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.57 mile(s) from Pizza Taxi, Fast Food, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.3 mile(s) from Taste of India, Full Service, Indian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.2 mile(s) from Bill's BBQ, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.3 mile(s) from Applebee's®, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.2 mile(s) from Golden Corral, Buffet, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.53 mile(s) from Famous Daves BBQ, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.56 mile(s) from Apollo's, Fast Food, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.64 mile(s) from Tripp's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch,
- 2.1 mile(s) from Carrabba's Italian, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from T.G.I. Friday's®, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.3 mile(s) from El Paso, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.5 mile(s) from Casa Grande, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.8 mile(s) from Breakers Sports Grill, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.7 mile(s) from Ruby Tuesday, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.5 mile(s) from Outback® Steakhouse, Bar/Lounge, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Shops at Bellgrade, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Featuring Bottega Bistro-Italian Full Service, Ruth Chris Steak House, River City Diner, a 50's 60's style restaurant serving all meals not just lunch and dinner.
- 3.7 mile(s) from Kabuto Japanese House, Bar/Lounge, Japanese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.4 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.2 mile(s) from Pepe's Mexican Restaurant, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.0 mile(s) from The Cookout, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.6 mile(s) from Extra Billy's Smokehouse, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.9 mile(s) from Pescado's, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.8 mile(s) from Hong Kong King, Buffet, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Richmond. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Frying Pan Farm Park Farmer's Market
This summer, the central Virginian community of Herndon offers up some locally grown and homemade goodies each Wednesday at the Frying Pan Farm Park. The market is open from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
2015 Ballston FreshFarm Market
All summer long, Arlington visitors and residents are welcome to get a true taste of Viriginia, by visiting the Ballston FreshFarm Market held every Thursday at Welburn Square. The market opens at 3 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean