BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn
201 Bypass Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185-2920
Phone: 757-220-0880 | Fax: 757/941-2060 | 120 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn!
History buffs adore this Williamsburg hotel, nestled close to Colonial Williamsburg and featuring the best in hospitality.
Take the family on a thrill-filled trip to Busch Gardens, or attend a special event at the nearby College of William and Mary. Jamestown and Yorktown are minutes away, ensuring that guests are conveniently located near all the top attractions. Ask a friendly staff member for recommendations on outings, shopping and dining to get a local’s perspective on the best of Williamsburg.
An indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi provides the perfect place to relax after a busy day. However, the proximity to Colonial Williamsburg, just two miles away, means a lot of guests are eager to explore. Walking distance to attractions, restaurants and shopping, everything you need for a weekend getaway or even an extended stay is close by. Prime Outlets provide unlimited shopping opportunities, while the Williams and Mary sports events have fans and teams flocking to the region year-round. This Williamsburg hotel gladly welcomes groups and teams, featuring blocked rooms and competitive rates.
Every room has a microwave and refrigerator, ideal for longer stays. Start the day with a hot, deluxe continental breakfast that showcases regional favorites as well as American breakfast staples. Vacation packages are available to all major attractions. Employees of local businesses love the peace and quiet of this hotel, whether guests have a meeting with Anheuser Busch or Enterprise.
Where you stay, whether for business or pleasure, can make a big difference. Ensure quality amenities, knowledgeable staff on hand, and a location that’s close to everything from Camp Peary to Cheatham Annex.
Reserve your room at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn today, and stay minutes from Colonial Williamsburg and the excitement of Busch Gardens!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Complimentary full breakfast choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice and coffee.
- 100% smoke free hotel
- Indoor pool, heated
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facility, 24-hour a variety of cardiovascular machines are available
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundromat coin operated
- Dry cleaning
- Safe deposit box
- Children's activities, video game room
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy machine
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- High-speed wireless Internet access
- ATM on-site
BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus historic area inn in Williamsburg.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus historic area inn in Williamsburg, Virginia is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 37.286645 / Latitude: -76.716395
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north and west. Take Interstate 64 to Exit 238. Bear right off of the exit and proceed to the second traffic light. Turn right at the second light on Route 132S. Proceed to the next light and turn right on Route 60 W. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn will be at the second traffic light on your right at the corner of Bypass Road (Route 60) and Waller Mill Road.
From: The south and east. Take Interstate 64 to Exit 238. Turn left off of the exit and proceed to the second traffic light. Turn right at the second light on Route 132S. Proceed to the next light and turn right on Route 60 W. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn will be at the second traffic light on the right at the corner of Bypass Road (Route 60) and Waller Mill Road.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Established in 1693, the College of William & Mary ranks as the second oldest college or university in the United States, right behind Harvard. Found in Williamsburg, VA – just inland of the coast – the College of William & Mary was originally a private school until 1905 when it became public.
As you explore the College of William & Mary campus, be sure to check out some highlights like the Earl Gregg Swem Library or the statue of Lord Botetourt at the Christoph Wren Building. Many visitors, students, and faculty attend events at the Matoaka Amphitheater located near the shores of Lake Matoaka.
Colonial National Historical Park
Home to the last major battle of the American Revolutionary War, Colonial National Historic Park encompasses the site where the Battle of Yorktown was fought in 1781.
Visitors can travel the 23-mile loop of the Colonial Parkway which connects Yorktown, Jamestown and Williamsburg for easy access and viewing many of the historic sites within the park. The Yorktown Battlefield is open for exploration as visitors have the opportunity to set foot on the historic battlefield that would set the course for the creation of a new nation.
The park offers a seven-mile tour on a road that leads around the battlefield for visitors that takes approximately one hour to complete. In close proximity to the battlefield is the historic town of Yorktown as well as Yorktown National Cemetery, both of which can be toured by visitors as well.
Travel back to the 18th century at Colonial Williamsburg – once the capitol of Virginia for 81 years. Reverend Goodwin, with the help of John D. Rockefeller Jr., began the project to preserve and restore 85 percent of the original Williamsburg in the Virginia Beach area.
During a visit today, you'll see the Courthouse, Chowning's Tavern, Market Square, the Magazine, the Public Gaol, the Palmer House, and several more historic buildings. Enjoy a tour of the town's historic buildings, homes and shops, march with the Fifes and Drums, and stroll through the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum.
The town also hosts several year 'round special events, such as the Annual Garden Symposium. Step into Merchants Square, "America's first shopping center" and you'll find reproduction pottery, hand-crafted leather goods, baskets, toys and more for purchase.
The Historic Jamestowne Settlement is known as the "Beginning of America". Located near Williamsburg in the Virginia Beach area, the Jamestowne settlement is where the English colonization of North America first started, in 1619.
The 1607 fort has been excavated and the research team has collected more than one million artifacts. Visitors to the settlement enjoy walking along the loop drive through the historical park.
The ranger-led guided tours, living history programs and archaeology walking tours are great opportunities to learn more about this historical site. Be sure to visit the Jamestown Glasshouse to see the glassblowers making candleholders and glass objects.
Enjoy a taste of the most relaxing and fun golf on your next visit to Virginia. Head for the coast and check out Williamsburg, the charming and vibrant city home to the Williamsburg National Golf Club. You'll find two unique courses to play at Williamsburg National – the Jamestown Course, and the Yorktown Course.
Each course consists of 18 lush holes, playing to a par of 72. The Jamestown Course was designed by James W. Lipe, JR. It opened in 1995. If you're not staying directly in Williamsburg, visit from nearby cities like Newport News or Emporia.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.5 mile(s) from High Street Movie Tavern, movie theatre and dining
- 1 mile(s) from Colonial Williamsburg, America's largest living history museum visit to become part of the birth of a nation.
- 1 mile(s) from Ripley's Believe it or No, the ultimate 4-D experience
- 5 mile(s) from Busch Gardens, voted America's most beautiful theme park for 18 years,
- 8 mile(s) from Williamsburg Winery, vineyards and winery where you can enjoy tours.
- 8 mile(s) from Jamestown Settlement, see where the original English settlers landed in 1607. Become a part of history with interactive attractions.
- 15 mile(s) from Yorktown, battlefield where independence was won, Riverwalk Landing with shops and dining along the York River.
- 23 mile(s) from Virginia Living Museum, open air museum located in Newport News, Virginia that has many living exhibits of Virginia's indigenous species. The exhibits include aspects of an aquarium, science center, aviary, botanical preserve and planetarium.
- 26 mile(s) from Mariners Museum, one of the largest maritime museums in North America
- 47 mile(s) from Harbor Park-Norfolk Tides, Home stadium for the AAA baseball team Norfolk Tides (affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles)
- 54 mile(s) from The Diamond-Fly Squirrels, The home stadium for the minor league baseball team the Richmond Flying Squirrels
- 0 mile(s) from Kings Gate Plaza, shopping area including K-Mart
- 2 mile(s) from Merchants Square, world class shopping in downtown Williamsburg featuring brand names and local boutiques.
- 3 mile(s) from Prime Outlets, shopping with hundreds of name brand outlets including Coach, Ann Taylor, LL Bean and others.
- 4 mile(s) from New Town, local village with popular shops and movie theatres.
- 4 mile(s) from Williamsburg Outlet Mall
- 4 mile(s) from Williamsburg Pottery Factory
- 15 mile(s) from Riverwalk Landing, local boutiques, food and antiques along the York River.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0 mile(s) from Pirate's Cove, mini-golf and games
- 3 mile(s) from Golden Horseshoe Golf Club, a golf magazine Gold Medal Award winner designed by Robert Trent Jones.
- 3 mile(s) from Waller Mill Park, hiking, biking, canoe rentals and more.
- 5 mile(s) from Water Country USA, The largest water park on the east coast and sister property to Busch Gardens.
- 7 mile(s) from Go Karts Plus, go karts, games and mini golf
- 10 mile(s) from golf, enjoy 14 championship golf courses all within 15 minutes including Kingsmill and The Golden Horseshoe.
- Adjacent to Uno Chicago Grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Chicago style pizza's and specials.
- Across the street from Cracker Barrel, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Dairy Queen, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Golden Corral, buffet, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Peking, buffet, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.5 mile(s) from Rocko's Smokehouse, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.5 mile(s) from Aberdeen Barn, full service, steak house, open for: dinner
- 2 mile(s) from Applebee's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2 mile(s) from Baskin Robbins, ice cream/dessert, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3 mile(s) from The Trellis, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, elegant dining and famed home of Death By Chocolate, The Trellis is an experience not to be missed!
- 3 mile(s) from The Fat Canary, full service, American, Open for: dinner, named the number one restaurant in the Tidewater Region of Virginia by HR Magazine.
- 3 mile(s) from Giuseppe's Italian, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3 mile(s) from Berrett's Seafood, full service, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, Taphouse, Rawbar and fine dining located in Colonial Williamsburg
- 3 mile(s) from Olive Garden, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4 mile(s) from Outback, full service, steak house, open for: dinner
- 5 mile(s) from Captain George's Seafood, buffet, seafood, open for: dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Williamsburg. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Downtown Hampton Block Party
Each Saturday night from May 7th from September 3rd, downtown Hampton is the place to be – Downtown Hampton Block Party thrills and entertains across the board.
Neptune Festival Int'l Spring Wine Tasting
Make your way to Neptune Park in Virginia Beach for a dizzying array of world class wines. The annual Neptune Festival Int'l Spring Wine Tasting takes place on May 14th, with the Atlantic Ocean as the backdrop.
Pirate Party on the Beach
Ward off the scurvy and enjoy all the booty – it's a pirate party in Virginia Beach. On May 14th and 15th, enjoy the Pirate Party on the Beach held at the Dairy Queen Grill & Chill 17th Street Park. It's free and open to all ages.
Cinco in the City
Celebrate the holiest of holidays in Newport News – it's a Cinco de Mayo celebration for the ages. Head for the City Center at Oyster Point on May 5th and enjoy a wide range of entertainment and authentic food options.
American Music Festival
Enjoy a late summer music bash on your next visit to Virginia Beach. Head for the 5th Street Stage near downtown and experience the annual American Music Festival. See and hear the best of R&B, jazz, rock, and country from September 2nd through 4th.
2016 NAS Ocean Air Show
Catch one of the most anticipated and intense shows of the season – it's the 2016 NAS Oceana Air Show. The two-day event, held on September 10th and 11th, features soloist Gary Ward, Greg Shelton and his FM-2 Wildcat, and the GEICO Skytypers.
Virginia Beach Craft Beer Festival
Sample more than 80 exceptional offerings from over 50 breweries at this year's Virginia Beach Craft Beer Festival. On October 22nd and 23rd, head for the Beach on 30th Street.
43rd Annual Fall Festival of Folklife
Be sure to check out the 43rd Annual Fall Festival of Folklife on October 1st and 2nd. Head for the Newport News Park near downtown Newport News and experience food, drink, crafts and entertainment from more than 200 vendors.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean