BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach
2809 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451-3029
Phone: 757/428-5370 | Fax: 757/422-5902 | 214 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach hotel located in the more serene northern part of the resort strip where vacationing families prefer to stay. It's only a short walk to Neptune Park and 24th Street Stage where free nightly entertainment is provided during the summer months. We offer breathtaking views, easy access to the boardwalk and beach, top-notch service and comfortable rooms.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach hotel offers several types of accommodations from which to choose. We offer stunning views from our 166 oceanfront rooms with private balconies, double or king size beds and optional whirlpool. Our Westside building which is located across the street (Atlantic Avenue) provides the option of paying less but enjoying the amenities the hotel has to offer. Our non-ocean front building features 40 rooms with double size beds as well as eight two room suites with one queen bed. All rooms are non-smoking and provide refrigerators, coffee makers, microwaves and complimentary wireless service. One parking space available per reserved room. Registered guest must be 21 years of age.
Spend the day sunbathing, swimming and surfing and for a up-close look at sea life, head to the fantastic Virginia Aquarium, and be sure to catch one of the many annual events - including the American Music Festival, Patriotic Festival, East Coast Surfing Championship, Neptune Festival, North American Sand Soccer Championship and the Boardwalk Art Show.
We are happy to provide you with conference rooms and meeting space for up to 200 people within close proximity to the Virginia Beach Convention Center. BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach is ideal for business travelers who wish to enjoy the beautiful Atlantic Ocean.
Amenities include indoor heated pool (winter), large outdoor swimming pool and kiddies pool, business center, ocean view fitness center, game room, ice cream shop and the highly acclaimed Shoreline Grill.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Outdoor pool
- Exercise facility open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. oceanfront fitness room includes treadmill, stair climber, bike and three weight machines
- Stair stepper
- Cocktail lounge, bar is located inside of the restaurant
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Game room
- Indoor pool, seasonally heated
- Printer available
- Fax services nominal fee
- Computer available
- Meeting facilities, 2800 square feet of meeting space, room can be divided into four sections
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Sunbathing, outdoor pool area and beach available for sunbathing
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged one car per room
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking, one car per room
- Outdoor parking one car per room
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Complimentary newspaper
- Ice cream shop open May - September
- Cash machine, ATM
- High-speed Internet access
BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western plus oceanfront virginia beach in Virginia Beach.
Coastal Virginia Wine Fest 1 Night
Coastal Virginia Magazine is pleased to present the Coastal Virginia Wine Fest, January 17-18, 2015 at the beautiful Virginia Beach Convention Center. Enjoy wine tastings from up to 40 Virginia wineries, a craft beer garden featuring a fabulous lounge for viewing play-off games, up to 80 other vendors showcasing the best in specialty foods, arts and crafts. Package includes your oceanfront guest room with breakfast and Coastal Virginia Wine Festival tickets. Complimentary transportation from the hotel to the convention center provided by Venture Tours.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach
Conveniently located, the best western plus oceanfront virginia beach in Virginia Beach, Virginia is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 36.856898 / Latitude: -75.977183
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: North/south/west. Take Interstate 64 to Interstate 264 east. The interstate ends and becomes 21st Street. Take 21st Street to Atlantic Avenue, turn left. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach is on the right.
From: Route 13. Take Route 13 south to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. Exit Route 60/Shore Drive. Make a left at the light onto Shore Drive. After driving approximately eight miles, Shore Drive becomes Atlantic Avenue. Follow Atlantic Avenue to the resort area. Atlantic Avenue becomes Pacific Avenue. Follow to 29th Street. Turn left on 29th Street and then right on Atlantic Avenue. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach will be on the left.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The Cape Henry Lighthouse was built in 1792, along the Chesapeake Bay, just north of Virginia Beach. It was the first lighthouse authorized by the government. George Washington chose Laban Goffigan to be the first keeper of the lighthouse. Preservation Virginia has been protecting and maintaining the lighthouse since 1930.
The lighthouse has been repaired through the years and was instrumental for lighting the waterways near Virginia Beach. Enjoy a visit the lighthouse in the spring, summer or fall. A second lighthouse was constructed in 1881 adjacent to the original lighthouse after the stability of the original lighthouse was in question. Enjoy your time in Virginia Beach and comfortably accommodations, as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Experience the best of coastal Virginia golf when you play 18 holes at the Heron Ridge Golf Club. Visit Virginia Beach any time of the year and embark on a marvelous golf outing – you can drive in from nearby Norfolk, Exmore, or Chesapeake. The Heron Ridge Golf Club is just minutes inland from the Atlantic Ocean.
Playing to a max length of 7,017 yards from the championship tees, the Heron Ridge Golf Club is a lush masterpiece, tree-lined, and dotted with it's share of bunkers. Opened in 1999, and designed by PGA legend Fred Couples, Heron Ridge Golf Course features a slope rating of 131, and course rating of 73.9.
Kiptopeke State Park, located across the Chesapeake Bay from Virginia Beach, was established in the early 1960s as a birding area. Bring your binoculars to watch the area's migratory birds or volunteer to help release resident and migratory birds from August through November.
Park visitors enjoy hiking and biking on the park's trails and strolling along the beach. Swimming, boating, fishing and crabbing are also popular recreational activities in the park. After a fun-filled day in the park, drive across the bay for a comfortable night's rest with Best Western hotels. Enjoy your time in the Virginia Beach.
The Lynnhaven Boat Ramp & Beach Facility is located off of State Highway 60 in Virginia Beach. This wonderful boat launching facility is at the base of the John A Lesner Bridge. The bridge crosses the Lynnhaven Inlet, where the Lynnhaven Bay meets the Chesapeake Bay. Boaters love the ease of launching into the water from one of the four boat launch lanes.
With twenty-four hour access, every day of the year, there's always a great time to get your boat on the water. The large, lit parking lot features trailer parking spots, as well as car parking spots. Rinse off the sand in the restroom's outdoor shower, before leaving. Access to the Ocean Park Beach, along the Chesapeake Bay, is easily accessible from the walkway. Enjoy your time in Virginia Beach and rest comfortably as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Sandbridge Beach is located a few miles south of downtown Virginia Beach. This beautiful Virginia Beach area beach features two sides - one side faces the Atlantic Ocean, while the other side faces the Back Bay. This five-mile stretch of beach boasts of pristine sand dunes, perfect for a nice stroll along the water. Restrooms are located at the Little Island Park, not far from the Sandbridge Market.
While visiting this wonderful area, schedule time to visit the 9,250-acre Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge, located south of Sandbridge Beach, The Refuge is home to snow geese, ducks, sea turtles, bald eagles and peregrine falcon. Also make time for biking, hiking, fishing or canoeing in False Cape State Park, located in Virignia's Outer Banks area. Kick up your feet at the end of a fun-filled day in a comfortable Best Western guest room and recharge for more fun in Virginia Beach.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2 mile(s) from Virginia Aquarium
- 2 mile(s) from Dolphin and Whale Watching
- 2 mile(s) from Ocean Breeze Waterpark
- 3 mile(s) from Motor World
- 6 mile(s) from Naval Air Station Oceana
- 6 mile(s) from Old Cape Henry Lighthouse
- 8 mile(s) from First Landing State Park
- 18 mile(s) from Back Bay Wildlife Refuge
- 50 mile(s) from Colonial Williamsburg
- 50 mile(s) from Busch Gardens Europe
- 2 mile(s) from Hilltop Mall Shopping Center
- 6 mile(s) from Lynnhaven Mall
- 9 mile(s) from Pembroke Mall
- 16 mile(s) from MacArthur Center
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 15 mile(s) from Norfolk
- 30 mile(s) from Hampton
- 50 mile(s) from Williamsburg
- 100 mile(s) from Richmond
- 200 mile(s) from Washington, D.C.
- 243 mile(s) from Baltimore, Maryland
- 6 mile(s) from Stihl
- 8 mile(s) from Lockhead Martin
- 8 mile(s) from Lillian Vernon
- 9 mile(s) from Amerigroup
- 21 mile(s) from Norfolk Naval Shipyard
- 15 mile(s) from Virginia Wesleyan College
- 20 mile(s) from Old Dominion University
- 20 mile(s) from Norfolk State University
- 30 mile(s) from Hampton University
- 40 mile(s) from Christopher Newport University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 2 mile(s) from jet skiing, rentals at Fishing Center
- 2.5 mile(s) from Virginia Beach Fishing Center
- 2.5 mile(s) from Rudee Inlet Jet Skis
- 2.5 mile(s) from Adventure Parasail
- 3 mile(s) from Chesapean Outdoors
- 7 mile(s) from Wild River Outfitters
- 7 mile(s) from Eco Images
- 10 mile(s) from Surf and Adventure Company
- 10 mile(s) from Back Bay Tram Tours
- ShoreLine Grill, on premises, full service, Seafood, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, dining by the water's edge. The ShoreLine Grill opens daily. The oceanfront restaurant serves lunch (seasonal) and dinner specials including fresh seafood, pasta, steaks, desserts and more.
- 0.02 mile(s) from Murphy's Grand Irish Pub, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, authentic Irish pub and restaurant. Nightly dinner specials Monday through Friday, happy hour Monday through Friday 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Live entertainment nightly beginning at 9:00 p.m., except in winter Tuesday through Saturday. Sunday brunch 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Fireside dining in winter.
- 0.04 mile(s) from Jewish Mother, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, live entertainment nightly. Serving a full menu with breakfast, lunch and dinner items until 3:00 a.m. seven days a week.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Purple Cow Restaurant, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, fun for all ages, the Purple Cow features the best diner fare in town, from classic burgers and deli sandwiches to healthy soups and salads. Try a thick shake, old-fashion malt or fabulous sundae from the soda fountain and kick back to the tunes from the vintage jukebox. Libations, plenty of parking, carryout and private party room available.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Tautog's, full service, American, open for: dinner, is a casual dining establishment featuring exceptional fish and seafood entrees, soups, salads and sandwiches served by the friendliest people in town. The concept of the restaurant was created in an effort to provide customers with a unique dining experience combining quality seafood products in an inviting coastal area setting.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Croc's 19th Street Bistro, full service, Continental, open for: dinner, offers an innovative bistro-style atmosphere servicing upscale cuisine, a buzzing scene and a cool, casual theme. Encounter Croc's Crystal Stem Award Winning Wines with Caribbean, Mediterranean and Asian inspired fare with astounding weekly chef specials. Seafood and certified Angus beef enthusiasts will find menu selections easy. Private seasonal patio. Kids menu available. Reservations recommended on weekends.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Il Giardino Ristorante, full service, Italian, open for: dinner, The first wood-burning oven in Virginia that co-owner Tony Garqiulo made the centerpiece for the restaurant. It serves up fresh focaccia bread to each table. Menu items are made with the freshest ingredients and always delicious. Veal, seafood, chicken, pasta, vegetarian, steaks, chops and pizza creations. It's no wonder it is such a popular local spot.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Coyote Cafe and Cantina, cafe, Tex-Mex, open for: lunch, dinner, Coyote Cafe and Cantina serves a variety of foods including Mexican, Southwestern and Tex-Mex. The ambiance is best described as festive, party, people watching and romantic.
- 1.25 mile(s) from Big Sam's Inlet Cafe, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, a quaint, casual restaurant right on Rudee Inlet next to the Virginia Beach Fishing Center. Specializing in seafood, breakfast specials before 9:00 a.m., happy hour specials on drinks and appetizers.
- 1.25 mile(s) from Mahi Mah's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, has been a local's favorite for years serving fresh fish, shellfish sushi, prime rib, chops and pastas. The skilled chefs will fix a meal fit for a King. The commitment to customer satisfaction has brought them to the top of Hampton Road's restaurant list.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Rockafellar's, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, a wonderful fun-filled dining experience where the food is great, the view is spectacular and the prices are too good to be true. Sunday brunch, early bird specials.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Rudee's on the Inlet, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, has grown to become one of the most popular restaurants and night spots at the beach. The atmosphere and decor of Rudee's is open, airy and nautical. The building which houses the restaurant is a replica of an authentic coast guard station. We take great pride in serving the freshest seafood obtainable. Outdoor dining in summer. Sunday brunch.
- 1.75 mile(s) from Beach Bully BBQ, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, is located on 19th Street between the oceanfront and the Virginia Beach Convention Center. It is a favorite gathering place for lunch to enjoy a sandwich, salad or barbeque ribs. Dinner has many choices in addition to the regular menu from baked chicken, fried chicken, baby back ribs and tuna filets.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Fire and Vine, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, our mission--our passion--is to create an experience where exceptional food, an impressive wine selection and impeccable service come together in an inviting atmosphere where friends and family can celebrate life. Come for the food and stay for the experience.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Cobalt Grille, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, contemporary fine dining, daily specials, fresh seafood, filet mignon, lamb and chicken. Great wines, special martini and tapas menu. Chef's table next to the kitchen may be reserved.
- 2.50 mile(s) from Melting Pot, full service, American, open for: dinner
- 2.50 mile(s) from Otani Japanese Steakhouse, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, flames, comedy and banter are all part of the experience at Otani. The chefs prepare the food in front of your eyes while you dine around Japanese Hibachi-style tables. Flames shoot up to the sky and cooking utensils beat up a musical rhythm as the chef ricochets shrimp tails in their 12-inch hats. And of course, the delicious smell and sound of the sizzle. It is a pleasure for many of the senses.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Bangkok Garden, full service, Thai, open for: lunch, dinner, authentic Thai cuisine. The variety of ingredients and the different combinations of flavors make for an unforgettable dining experience.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Guadalajara's, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, welcomes locals and visitors to Virginia Beach's finest Mexican restaurant. With three locations and a South Beach Miami atmosphere, the staff offers authentic Mexican cuisine and cocktails at affordable pricing.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Aldo's Ristorante, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, enjoy award winning wines, delicious steaks and pastas, wood-burning pizza oven and homemade desserts with the finest service in town. A perfect spot for any occasion. Piano bar Tuesday through Saturday evenings.
- 3.50 mile(s) from Captain George's Seafood, full service, Seafood, open for: dinner, legendary buffet has been heralded up and down the East coast as one of the best collections of fresh seafood and regional cuisine available. With over 70 items, fresh seafood cooked every way imaginable, traditional Greek dishes and desserts, beef and pasta dishes and fresh vegetables are just a walk past the array of incredible buffet items that will ensure a return visit.
- 8.50 mile(s) from Hot Tuna, full service, American, open for: dinner, come by and find out why Southern Living magazine says Hot Tuna is the place to visit while in Virginia Beach. Enjoy specialties such as parmesan seared tuna, Sam Adams beer battered shrimp, Black Angus Steaks and homemade pastas. Open daily at 4:00 p.m.
- 8.50 mile(s) from Lynnhaven Fish House, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, is an award winning restaurant which specializes in a large variety of fresh fish. The restaurant offers breathtaking views of the Chesapeake Bay from every seat in the house.
- 10.00 mile(s) from P.F. Chang's, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner, experience is a unique combination of Chinese cuisine, attentive service, wine and tempting desserts all served in a stylish, high-energy bistro.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Virginia Beach. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean